Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit
Unit Manager: Dr. Ramy Jaber
Creation date : 27/5/2002
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral and maxillofacial diseases.
- Performing prosthetic surgeries for patients with oral and maxillofacial tumors.
- Rehabilitation after the removal of tumors, free of charge for the unable patients, and at nominal prices for the able patients.
- Surgeries under general anaesthetic
- Participation in the medical convoys of the college and university to serve the disadvantaged areas.
- Developing work in the Oral and Maxillofacial and Prosthetic Surgery Unit, as this unit contained only one operating room in the old building, in addition to 2 dental units for minor operations.
- Now the unit contains 3 operating rooms equipped with the latest technologies of anesthesia devices, a surgical microscope, a recovery room for patients, an intermediate care unit, in addition to 11 beds for patients and a rest room for doctors.
- The unit also contains 4 clinics that accommodate 8 dental units for oral surgery operations under local anesthesia and a sterilization unit.
- A large number of patients visit the unit daily, and some patients are treated for a nominal fee, and some patients are treated for free due to their financial conditions that do not allow this.
- These modern devices reflected well on the unit, and it achieved a distinguished financial position during this period.